Start with the basics. Anyone who wants to enjoy a hassle-free trip has to start with the basic concern of any traveler – how to handle travel reservations. Here are a number of tips that may help:
- Decide on a travel plan – specific destination, how many days, what activities, etc. The attention given to this first step will ensure smooth sailing in making the travel arrangements.
- If the destination is a foreign country, make sure all information that would be needed in making reservations are on hand.
- If booking on online, use a reservation site where ticket prices for all airlines are shown so a comparison can be readily seen. If booking for more than one person, check also the ticket price for both a single passenger and multiple passengers. Some airlines quote different prices.
- If notification of your reservation is done by e-mail, make sure that the ticket price quoted is the same. Sometimes, some airlines claim the airfare booked earlier is no long available.
- Ask if the rate is a flat rate or per person. Ask how many beds are in the room and what the size is. Make sure to finalize a rate before getting off the phone.
- Ask about tax rates that would be added.
- Will breakfast be included with the price of the room? What time is it served and what is included.
- Are there guarantee and cancellation policies? Most hotels require guarantee for reservation with a credit card. Will they ask a check deposit?
- If this is a standard reservation, make sure there is a confirmation number.